Sunday, June 30, 2013

Product



I am a product of fear.  Fear that binds me and keeps me hostage at times from the greatness that I know is in store for me.  

I am a product of abuse, verbal and physical.  Being called everything other than my name, being told that no one would ever treat me any better, to wrapping your hands around my throat! Drawing a loaded, gun on me and my children! This scared me like no one would ever believe! It left me angry and bitter!  Someone does treat me better, respects who I am, and dare not touch me!  

I am a product of poverty.  Electricity off, no running water, no food to eat, mother had to work three jobs to keep a roof over our head. Bathing in a bucket, having to go to school and smile thru it all. 
I am a product of sexual abuse.  You touched me “there,” grabbed my cheeks, forced my mouth open, and shoved your tongue down my throat!  You nasty, vile, excuse for a human! Family, go figure!

I am a product of single mother hood.  Not by choice, life happens, divorce happens.  Instead of having time to feel sorry for myself, I had to be strong for those three mouths I had to feed.  

I am a product of courage, courage that keeps me going when the roughest of storms rock my boat, knock me down, sometimes stand on my head, and throw me for a loop.  

The most important product that I am, is the product of God, and thru it all, I know that he had and has my back thru every experience, good or bad, happy or sad, he brought me thru.

I make no excuse for what I am a product of.  I am not ashamed of what I am a product of.  I don’t let what I am a product of keep me stagnant in one stage of my life.  I stumble, I get weary, I cry, I get angry, I yell, scream, I may even punch something; but I dry my eyes, remember that I’m not in the place where I use to be, I am a better, stronger, more relentless person because of my products, and I smile, repeat, “This too shall pass,” move on about my day, week, month, year, with my life!

DON’T LET YOUR PRODUCTS HOLD YOU BACK FROM GREATNESS. DON’T LET ANYONE MAKE YOU FEEL ASHAMED OF THE THINGS THAT YOU WENT THRU.  THOSE “PRODUCTS” THAT YOU ARE A PART OF, CAN HELP SOMEONE ELSE.

~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment