Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I'll Get There

I was riding on the interstate the other day, and there was this car following me really close.  Now mind you, I'm already driving ten miles over the speed limit, in the far left lane, or better known as "the fast lane." The car acted like, there was no other way that they could pass.  As I began to slowly move over, into the middle lane, I thought about something.  In life, there's more than one way to get to your destination. Just like there was more than one way for that car to pass.
If I were that car, I would have dropped back, moved over to the far right lane, also known as, "the slow lane," and passed.  Sometimes, you have to slow down (wait), observe (make sure that all your ducks are in a row), and then pass (get back up again).  If you can't pass to your left, rethink that thing and pass to your right.  Like Fantasia says, "Sometimes you have to lose to win."
No matter how fast or slow you're going, on the road, or in life, you'll get there one way or the other.  My path may not be your path, but I'll get there.  I may not do it the same way that you did it, but I'll get there.  I may not get there as fast as you got there, but I'll get there and that's all that matters.

~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment