Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Raw Truth

 At the age of 19, I got pregnant with my first child.  I was mixed with emotion.  I was happy and sad at the same time.  Happy because I thought, "Oh yes, I'm going to have this baby and my child's father and I will be a family."  That was so far from the truth.  When I told him, I was pregnant, his response was, "Are you sure it's mine?"
Now, I was hurt and looking stupid in the face.  But why?  My child's father and I wasn't in a relationship at the time, he was in a relationship with someone else and I was the side chick he was sleeping with.  Yes, he and I dated for about five years, but we broke up and during the time that I got pregnant, we weren't together.  I'm not ashamed or afraid to admit my RAW TRUTH.
Me being young and dumb, thought to myself, this baby will bring us back together.  How many of you have had the same thing happen to you?
Long story short, my son is nineteen and his father and I are NOT together.  Young women, I'm not saying this to hurt you, I'm saying this to help you: HAVING A BABY BY A GUY WHO YOU ARE JUST MESSING AROUND WITH ON THE SIDE, ISN'T GOING TO BRING HIM TO YOU.  HAVING A BABY WITH A GUY (and you know your relationship is rocky) IS NOT GOING TO KEEP HIM.  HAVING A BABY, DOESN'T KEEP A MAN. AND THAT'S THE RAW TRUTH!
Now, you're stuck raising a child by yourself.  Yes, he may pay child support, yes, he  may or may not come around, but you guys still aren't together.  Now, you're hurt and mad and do everything you can to make his life miserable and what's the very first thing we as hurt woman do...... be honest. WE USE THE BABY AGAINST HIM. 
We put ourselves in that situation, but we blame him, RAW TRUTH, it's not fair and it's not right. Some of us are guilty of it, so I say to you, stop it.  Refocus your energy of something positive.  Children are a blessing, but in the right way.
Like it or not, you know that I am telling nothing but the RAW TRUTH.

COCO

No comments:

Post a Comment