Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Not Meant to be Broken


It seems that you were trying to break me; break my spirit, but my spirit is not meant to be broken.   My spirit is that of an Eagle, that sores high and is very proud.  It spreads its wings, as it feels the wind of freedom beneath it. My spirit is strong, bold, vibrant and colorful.  Don’t you know who I am?
It seems as if you were trying to break my heart and you succeeded.  And now I’m cleaning up the pieces like shattered glass broken on the floor.  Though, my heart was broken, my spirit lives on and that will help get me thru. For as fragile as my heart may seem, my spirit is ten times stronger! Runs ten times deeper! It’s what helps me wake up in the morning and puts a smile on my face.  Breaking my heart is nothing, because it will mend; but if I allow you to break my spirit, you’ve broken me.  As I smile, I say to you, NEVER.  My spirit is not meant to be broken, not matter what you do.  Don't you know who I am? Come, have a closer look:  Look closer, look deeper, ahhh, there I am: A SURVIVOR!

-COCO-

No comments:

Post a Comment