Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Who are you?

In relationships, we as women often get caught up in the life that our mate is living.  All to often I've heard women say, "I wanted to be a Chef, but I put that on the back burner to help him pursue his dreams and fulfill his goal."  Or, I wanted to be a nurse, a designer, a professional dancer, I wanted to sing, act, etc.etc.
So my question is why is it that we have to put our dreams and goals on hold?  Why can't their dreams and goals take a back seat for once?  Are we so afraid that if we say, no, I want to advance in the world the same as you do that they feel as if we don't love them?  Or that we are horrible mothers and wives for wanting more out of life?
Some men may feel like all women want is a rich, successful man to take care of them.  I'm here to speak for the ones that say; "Sir you are sadly mistaken."  I don't just want to be known as Mr. so and so's wife.  I want them to say, "Hey isn't that Mrs. Roberts, doesn't she work for so and so, or isn't she the one that founded, xyz." 
I want to leave a dent in the world just like you do and I'm not afraid to admit it, nor am I ashamed to say it.  I am Rosa Roberts, and it is my goal to leave this world as a well known, best selling author, we helped someone along the way, sharing the experiences I've had, good or bad.  Who are you?

-COCO-

No comments:

Post a Comment