Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Raw Truth

“Whatare you doing?!”  There I was standing inthe door way of the kitchen between my children and the man holding a gun.  The man that vowed to love me for better orworse, sickness and in health, to be the protector of my children, was standingthere holding a gun, loaded and cocked, ready to shoot one of my children! Andfor what?  I couldn’t believe what wasgoing on.  Have you ever experiencedsomething in your life that shook you to your core and you felt like you werehaving an outer body experience?  For amoment I was in shock, my feet were glued to the floor; my heart was poundingnine million miles a minute, and at the mere sight of the gun!  I had to quickly shake myself back intoreality to defuse the situation and get my children as well as myself out ofthat house and into safety.  I was scaredout of my mind!  I wasn’t scared of him,what I was scared for the life on my children. Who was this man standing in front of me?!  I didn’t know him and at this point, I didn’twant to know him.  In my mind I began topray: Father God in the name of Jesus, pleasedon’t let this situation go any further. God I beg of you, step in and just help me get us to safety.
Bythis time there was so much yelling and screaming going on, I could barleythink straight. The dog was barking and growling and I felt a nip in my back,reached backed and pushed the dog away and continued trying to get the childrenout of the house.  My nephew was standingsomewhere close by, but things were kind of blurry for me.  I couldn’t believe that the man that wassupposed to be a father figure to my children for ten years, was standing thereholding a gun!  There was so much emotionflying around in that tight space, I didn’t know what to do.  By this time the children starting grabbingknives in order to better protect themselves and I was trying to push them outof the back door; out of harm’s way.
Theargument starts to get louder and louder, my head is spinning and tears areflowing. In the background I heard one of my sons’ yelling; “I can’t believethis nigga pulled a gun on me.” Another son screamed; “We don’t have to takethis, let’s just kill him!”  My heartdropped to my stomach and I began to pray a little harder!   Now we really have to get out of here!  I now begin to push the children out the backdoor towards safety.  They don’t want toleave me in the house, I’m trying to protect them and they are trying toprotect me.  My nephew appears from thefront side of the house to help me get them out the door and call for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment