Monday, August 20, 2012


I don’t know K Michelle or Toya Wright personally; however I wanted to comment on the “spat” that’s going on.  To K Michelle, I can understand what you are going thru, the man that I’m married to (won’t call his name, is a professional athlete and his attitude and temper is nothing to be played with.  To see him in front of the camera, you would think that he is the most humble, caring, and God fearing man on earth!   Off the camera, all I can say is God help us all!  There were family members and friends that knew what he was like, but they upheld his mess for whatever reason.  To this day, I have a restraining order against him.  That speaks for itself.
Now, has he changed, I can’t tell you.  I haven’t seen or spoken to him in over a year and nor do I care to.  The emotional and physical strain that he put on me, as well as my children was unbearable to say the least.
I’m sure if you ask the women he’s dating these days (yes we are still married), she would probably say the things that Toya are saying:  She doesn’t know this man that I speak of, she doesn’t know the guy that loved the strip clubs, that cheated with strippers, the man that loved to gamble, didn’t like to come home.  She doesn’t know the man that chocked me (just enough not to leave a bruise on a dark skinned girl) because I caught him cheating, with someone old enough to be his daughter.  She may not know that man, but I DO.  She may not know the man that every discussion was turned into a full blown argument (With him beating on something), she may not know the man that pulled a gun on three children (that I jumped in the front of) over the remote to the tv, but I DO.
Has he changed, he may have.  He may not be that person that I knew anymore, but at one point, HE WAS THAT MAN.
So I say to K Michelle, if that’s something you went thru, God bless you that you were able to get out of it alive and well.  Tell your story to help someone, but don’t be vindictive. And I say to Toya, if he’s not that man that you know and love today, thank God everyday for that, cause it’s no way to live.
-Coco-

7 comments:

  1. Word of widom from the now wise. Love the article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. && Im glad that you can share this story auntie. I'm happy that you guys are no longer with that fool. We love you & I know this story should touch some people that are in abusive situations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you niecey. That's my goal; to help someone. There are some that won't be happy about it, but that's between them and God.

      Delete
    2. First please let me state that I do not in anyway condone any type of abusive relationship. But hearing that you are married to a professional athlete, I wonder is it in one of the sports that are being heavily impacted by concussion issues such as football,and boxing and other sports that involve head trauma? My reasoning of this question although I know anyone can do those types of negative actions, many of those traits are now being noticed more than ever by athletes in those fields and medical practice through research is directly relating them to concussions and brain trauma, just like we've seen displayed by many soldiers coming back from the war. I am saying this because obviously if you are married,by your words it strikes me that you truly loved him and if you felt at any time that he felt the same; did you as a couple seek any professional/medical help? Because these injuries are very real and the man that you once knew may have be held captive to trauma left untreated and may not no it himself. It is just so many people look at the athletes lives and never realize what they are truly putting their bodies through and when things start to change, they leave them. It's truly a sad case for all that are involved. I sense you like myself are a woman that takes her vows seriously, so I am so sorry to hear of things occurring like this. I hope if he has not sought help, that he does soon. Treatment can help bring back the person you loved. But through your torment, if you have moved on, just continue to put God first,and let your heart heal. May happiness,and all of God's wonderful blessings surround you and your family.

      Delete
  4. Mary, we never did. But I can say that on several occasions, I asked him to get help, his response was always, "so you think I'm crazy." You can't make a person get the help that they don't feel that they need. In any case, I don't think he had any brain trauma, he had an anger management problem. and because of his "status" he felt that he was entitled to behave the way that he did. I was always told by him that as long as he paid the bills, that; and I quote, "sit back, shut up and ride." I have moved on by the grace of God and I am healing.

    ReplyDelete