Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Low Faith



How many times have you said, “Lord when is it my time?  What else must I endure before I am blessed?” 
So you’re going to sit there, read this and say, “Not me.”  Excuse me, but I don’t believe you!  You’re telling me that your faith has never been low.  You’ve always smiled your way thru every problem that you’ve had.  You’ve never felt like God had left your side?  If you answered no, I still don’t believe you!
I have sat and watched “celebs” on TV, with millions of dollars, whom shouldn’t have a care in the world, but some are hooked on drugs, in and out of trouble.  And I have said to God, “Why them and not me? I go to church, I pray, I pour my heart out to you, I have been thru trials and tribulations and yet praised you.  Yet there are people who have millions who don’t believe you exist.  Why them and not me?”  Yes!  I have had that conversation with God.  And I’m sure that some of you have had that same question, but will never admit it openly.  My faith has been and still is low sometimes.
“God, I’ve helped people, out of the kindness of my heart.  I’ve given when I’ve had it to give, even sometimes when I didn’t have it to give.  When is it my time?  Lord, what have I done, not to deserve to be blessed?”
Oh, I know some of you holier than thou folks, are rolling your eyes so hard, they are touching the back of your head.  Your faith has never been low.  You’ve always trusted God.  I also know that SOME of you are saying, “child you’re blessed to be alive.  You should be grateful.”
Don’t get me wrong, God has done MANY great things for me and I am thankful!  I thank him for his twins MERCY and GRACE daily.  But that still doesn’t mean that my faith doesn’t get low sometimes.
For those of you who have your blessing, don’t knock me because my faith is low and I have a conversation with God about it.  Don’t judge me.  Until you received your blessing, has your faith always been high?  If so, kudos to you; I’m not there yet, so cover me and pray for me until I get there.
My faith has been low and didn’t say it stayed there.

~C~

2 comments:

  1. This post is so honest! I can definitely relate to having low faith at times. That's why, I love the following scriptures:
    2 Corinthians 12:9-11
    New International Version (NIV)
    9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

    Continue to write with such passion. I will cover you in prayer! May God enlarge your territory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love being honest about my feelings, no matter what they are. Thank you for your prayers. :)

      Delete